This collection presents a varied repertoire by J. S. Bach, arranged for the Organ by Martin Setchell.
Bringing a wealth of popular pieces under the fingers and feet of intermediate players, this volume caters for all parts of the church service, as well as providing recital repertoire and popular encores.
Taking its cue from the Baroque practice of transcription, and with the needs of modern players in mind, Bach Transcriptions For Organ presents a set of pieces with wide and varied use and makes a valuable addition to any organist’s repertoire.
This volume includes:
- A selection of varied repertoire by J. S. Bach in new arrangements for the Organ.
- 16 pieces from a cross-section of the master’s instrumental and Choral works.
- Practical new transcriptions by a leading concert organist, suited to most Organs.
- Music suitable for all parts of a church service – preludes, postludes, and communion pieces – as well as recital repertoire and popular encores.
- A host of well-known favourites, including the Badinerie from Orchestral Suite No. 2, the slow movement of the Double Violin Concerto, and the Pastoral Symphony from the Christmas Oratorio, as well as less familiar works.
Badinerie, from Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B minor, BWV 1067; Bourrée II, from English Suite No. 2 in A minor, BWV 807; Gavotte (Musette), from English Suite No. 3 in G minor, BWV 808; Largo, from Concerto for Two Violins in D minor, BWV 1043; March, from Cantata 207a, ‘Auf, schmetternde Töne der muntern Trompeten’ (Blare forth, ye merry trumpets), BWV 207a; Menuetto I and II, from Flute Sonata in C major, BWV 1033; Now thank we all our God, from Cantata 79, ‘Gott, der Herr, ist Sonn’ und Schild’ (God the Lord is sun and shield), BWV 79; Pastoral Symphony, from Christmas Oratorio, Part II, BWV 248; Sarabande, from English Suite No. 2 in A minor, BWV 807; Sarabande, from French Suite No. 1 in D minor, BWV 812; Siciliano, from Flute Sonata in Eb major, BWV 1031; Sinfonia, from Cantata 156 ‘Ich steh’ mit einem Fuss im Grabe’ (I stand with one foot in the grave), BWV 156; Sinfonia, from Cantata 29, ‘Wir danken dir, Gott, wir danken dir’ (We thank you, God, we thank you), BWV 29; Sonatina, from Funeral Cantata, ‘Gottes Zeit ist die allerbeste Zeit’ (God’s time is best), BWV 106; Wir setzen uns mit Tränen nieder (In tears of grief, dear Lord, we leave Thee), from St Matthew Passion, BWV 244
ORG – Orgel